Gibson Inn Murder Mystery

Martin surprised me with a "Murder Mystery" week-end at the Gibson Inn located in Apalachicola, FL (world famous for their oysters - trust me, they melt in your mouth!) We had a blast!

Friday night we were introduced to the characters along with try-outs for "Gone with the Wind". I was given the part of "Aunt Pittypat" so I wrapped my shawl around my head and gave it all I had. During the events on Friday night a murder took place. The winner had to identify the murderer by Saturday night and tell "why" it took place.

Easy, if you were watching. Miss Lottie hosted an engagement party for her daughter, Prissy, to Mr. Carolina. Prissy loved the escaped convict (trumped up charges) Mason Dixon. Miss Lottie's brother-in-law, "Big Daddy" (sheriff) apprehended Mason at the party. Mason died of poisoning. Who done it?

And who solved the murder and won two free nights at the Inn......ME!
Here are the results posted on the Gibson Inn site: http://www.gibsoninn.com/murder.php

This was SO fun. On Saturday afternoon we reenacted the Battle at Magnolia. I'm wearing a "Yankee" hat and Miss Lottie is NOT happy.

Also on Saturday, guests were split into teams and we had to go around town and find puzzle pieces with our team color and clues on the back. Martin found all sorts of things.


Thank you my crazy husband for a great week end!

0 comments: