Linda's Last Day

It is hard to believe but I am packing to leave Salem on Monday morning. I certainly am not looking forward to the 2 day trip home! I certainly hope that time does fly.

Today we attended the Church Service here at Sharon Gardens, and after the service many of the students came to us with sad faces and downcast eyes.

"We are so sad you are leaving, why can't you stay? We'll miss you so much"

"I will miss you as I go, but I do miss my family at home"

"We will pray for your daughters, Auntie, " they promised.

The most difficult thing for me?, when they hold your arm and plead "Don't forget me, Auntie. Please pray for me. "

I loved the opportunity to teach here. My favorite session was our question and answer time on Friday. Karen and I asked the girls to write out questions, place them in a box, and after they were translated, we answered. In this culture, they do not volunteer questions in a group. When asked to verbalize a question, no one will speak. However, the box was full!! We were asked about everything from our favorite color to who wrote the Bible?

After we answered several questions, the girls finally started asking additional questions. It made me realize that all the Bible studies I have attended and led, all the sermons on the radio and at church I have heard, have all worked together to give me the knowledge and wisdom to explain the trilogy, Christ's salvation plan, and speak of God's will for each life there. It was like being in the "Hotseat," but it was a wonderful opportunity to give answers from scriptures to these searching young women, most from Hindu homes. Many have come to faith here and desire to grow, and others are asking about how to make a commitment of faith. God is so kind to allow us to participate in His work here.

I praise him for this experience, Linda

0 comments: